235 Carat Museum Grade Silica Blue Chrysocolla Rough Natural Mineral Cabochon Crystal Gemstone Cab - Peru
235 Carat Museum Grade Silica Blue Chrysocolla Rough Natural Mineral Cabochon Crystal Gemstone Cab - Peru by HQRP-Crystal at Sex and Blogs. MPN: 88777450427173. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. All our minerals and crystals are carefully measured with digital measuring instruments that provide the high accuracy of
Features & Highlights
- You will receive exactly this Chrysocolla Rough - 51mm x 50mm x 20mm / 2 x 2 x 13/16 Inches; 47g / 1.7 oz / 235 Carat (see photo, some photos are taken wet, the photos are taken under bright light, stand not included)!
- Chrysocolla is attractive blue-green that provides a unique color to the mineral world. Chyrsocolla is perhaps more appropriately a mineraloid than a true mineral. Most of the time it is amorphous meaning that it does not have a coherent crystalline structure. However at higher temperatures it does demonstrate a distorted crystal structure that seems to be composed of Si4 O10 sheets. Chrysocolla forms in the oxidation zones of copper rich ore bodies.
- The name Chrysocolla derives from Greek chrysos - gold and kolla - glue, referring to its use as a flux in soldering gold. The term was used from antiquity. Chrysocolla is often found in a matrix of quartz, in which case the optical and physical properties may be closer to those of quartz. Chrysocolla covered by druses of small sparkling quartz crystals is called "Drusy Chrysocolla" and is very popular for jewelry. It is found in Peru.
- Formula: Cu2-xAlx(H2-xSi2O5)(OH)4·nH2O: Category: Silicate mineral; Color: Blue-Green;
- (The above information is provided solely for informational purpose. Kindly note that all stones are offered for decorative purposes only. Please, handle your stones with great care, do not grind or crumble them, do not dip or add them into your food or drink, do not use any parts of them in any elixirs, potions, lotions etc. Always make sure you wash your hands before and after working with your crystals.)